Five of my favorite golfers of all time
First of all, I'm not saying that these five golfers are the best of all time, I'm just saying they are five of my favorite golfers (spoilers, I have more favorites). Anyway, lets get into my list with five of my favorite golfers.
- Jack Nicklaus - With an incredible 73 victories in his career. Of the 73 wins 18 of them are major golf championchips. He's even the oldest player to win the masters at 46 years old. And one of the best facts about him? His nick name, Golden Bear.
- Annika Sörenstam - One of two female golfers on my list. The Swedish golfer Annika became a professional golfer 1992 and has since played 48 different tournaments, she won 13 of them and placed top ten 22 times. A true golf talent.
- Tiger Woods - There are few golfers who are as charismatic as Tiger, but charisma on the court is not enough to earn a spot amoung my favorites. He is a superb golfer and the youngest Grand Slam winner ever. He's won an astounding 77 PGA competitions.
- Ben Hogan - The golfer that coined the phrase practise makes perfekt. There isn't many golfers that spent so much time training and developing his technique. Something that really payed of since he won 63 professional tournaments between 1938-1959.
- Kathy Whitworth - Considered by many the best female golfer of all time. During her career Kathy won an incredible 98 tour, 6 of them where majors.
Golfing is fun in all wathers
Yepp you heard me! Golfing can be fun in all weathers, the only thing that really changes with the weather is the difficulty. It's a tad more challenging playing golf when the weather is bad, especially if it's raining cats and dogs. However if you're geared properly it's a bit easyer. If there is a chance of rain always make sure you bring your golf waterproof trousers and your golf waterproof jackets, that way you're prepared for whatever the weather throws at you.
Five interesting facts about golf
There are a lot to know about golf, the rules, the players, the courts, clubs... You name it. But what about "fun" facts about golf? Here is a list of five interesting facts about golf you might now know.
- There was a time that golf was banned in Scotland, three times actually. During the years 1457 abd 1744 golf was banned three times because the goverment thought it got in the way of military trainging. Also golf been around for a long time.
- The first round of Women's Golf was not played until 1811.
- The chanse of making a whole in one is about 0,008% or 1 in 12,500 shots.
- The golf balls of yesteryear was actually made of feathers & leather.
- Tiger Woods was only 8 years old when he pulled of his first hole in one. As we mentioned in fact 3, this is a 1 in 12,500 shot.